The UK Column operates several websites, including www.ukcolumn.org, community.ukcolumn.org and shop.ukcolumn.org. It is the UK Column’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
What this policy covers
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information we collect about you
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so. For example, if you choose to become a member of the UK Column Community or if you purchase something from the shop.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through using our websites.
Information You Provide Us
Information you provide us is sometimes, but not always, stored on our systems. Here are some examples:
- Basic Membership Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your UK Column membership. For example, name-surname, email address , password.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us – a UK Column membership, merchandise from the shop, etc., for example – you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name and contact information. We do not store credit card information on any of our websites.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most organisations that run websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, referring site, the date and time of access, and operating system.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our websites. For example, we collect information about the pages you visit or site parts that you check the most. We use this information to, for example, get insights on how people use our websites, so we can make the information we provide more accessible. We use Plausible Analytics for this, and you can find out more how they manage your privacy here.
How we share information
We do not sell your personal information.
We may share your information in the limited circumstances set out below:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. For example: payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyse fraudulent payment transactions and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you. These vendors are listed in the "List of data sub-processors" section below.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena or court order.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
For example, if you join the UK Column Community, information such as your public profile, posts, other content that you make public on the Community website website are all available to others.
Please keep this in mind when deciding what you would like to share publicly.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our websites for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to use a suitable password manager and set a strong password.
You may, at any time:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that you can always contact us for assistance.
List of Sub-processors
The UK Column uses the following products and services:
- Clustered.net: for hosting the UK Column website and shop
- Platform.sh: for hosting the UK Column Community
- DigitalOcean: for hosting the live chat
- Cloudflare: for speeding up the websites
- Stripe: for credit card payments
- Paypal: for Paypal payments
- Plausible Analytics: for website analytics
- Sendgrid: for delivering automated emails and email newsletters
- PUSHR CDN: for live-streamed video
- Rumble: for live-streamed and on-demand video
- Brand New Tube: for live-streamed and on-demand video
- Odysee: for live-streamed and on-demand video
- Bitchute: for on-demand video